ABOUT THE PROJECT:
Community Report project is an initiative by Youth Legacy Ghana to provide the general public especially the youth with the platform to voluntarily write essays and articles on the matters of environmental sustainability, educational quality, healthcare and relevant societal problems. The initiative gives opportunity for the views of the young persons to be read and acted upon.
OBJECTIVES OF COMMUNITY REPORT PROJECT
To encourage and involve stakeholders, especially the youths to have equal chances of voicing their long-learnt knowledge that they deem interesting to the organization’s pursuit to leave no one behind in the implementation of the SDG’s in the immediate society.
- To improve and equip the youth to enact their problem-solving skills towards the environmental issues, education issues, and health issues in their immediate local environment.
- To encourage tertiary students to research into SDG’s. This will be done by publishing excerpt of their academic writings geared toward achieving the global goals
- To create a monitoring platform on astounding efforts of civil societies in their quest to the achievement of the global goals. This will help to investigate the extent and implementation of the SDG’s on the ground. This will be helpful in providing background data for preliminary surveys for an upcoming project in a location of concern.
STRATEGIC AREAS OF FOCUS.
- Environmental Sustainability: live on land, life under water and climate change actions
- Quality Education: Sexuality Education, ICT education, Vocational skills, Special education, Teacher recruitment, Teacher development
- Sustainable Livelihood: basing on the housing choices of people and the liabilities arrayed in their immediate environment
- Headline/ Title: this should catch the reader’s attention. A good headline informs the reader about “what, when and where” in a glance. It should be clear and brief, and informative. Articles can also have subheadings before each paragraph.
- Bylines: A line having the writers name
- Body (the main part of the article, 2-5 paragraphs) in which the topic is further developed in detail
- Conclusions (ending paragraph of the article with the opinion, recommendation, anticipation or appeal) Article should be written in a maximum of three (3) column, with candidates inserting clear and relevant picture of the event or topic under discussion.
- Yoleg Write is open to everyone who is passionate to make a difference in the society and able to give out tactical imperative measures on matters hindering the progress of policies encompassing the global goals, especially sustainability of the physical environment, quality of education and human health.
- Students ranging from Junior High Schools, Senior High Schools and Higher institutions of learning.
- Possess a working knowledge of English or French writing skills- an important prerequisite for participation in the project for public reading sake. All write ups should be submitted in English or French
CONSIDERATION FOR SELECTION
- Relevance of case study, model or theory with respect to its integration in achieving the SDG’s.
- Thematic relevance of article. This means that, publication team can only publish articles that are relevant to the theme under study at a stipulated time period.
- Short listed candidates will be contacted through email and phone call to present their complete article.
JOIN THE WRITING TEAM.
Interested people compassionate to write should submit a statement not more than a page, stating the topic, area of study, and its significance. The acceptance of statement will give a candidate the opportunity to submit the complete article on the issue of discussion to firstname.lastname@example.org